Our Silver is Unique
We use Canadian sterling silver for these important reasons...
Most people think that all sterling silver is created equally, not true. In fact when silver is made in Canada it is 92.5% fine silver and the 7.5% alloy must be copper, most other countries use nickel as their alloy.
- Nickel is the single most common allergen for people, and it is what irritates our skin.
- We have our silver made to our specifications, we rely on the tensile strength of our silver to keep its shape and form.
- We pride ourselves in making all of our own hooks, sleepers, hand forge and fabricated all our components. This gives our designs a luxe feel, distinctive look and assured quality.
- All our chains are high quality Italian sterling silver (also nickel free) we use a medium weight gauges and heavier for strength & durability.
- My goal is for our jewelry be your favorite then we have done our job well.
- We value your decision to purchase our hand-crafted jewelry and our greatest compliment is your referral.
Silver Suspensions jewelry is designed to last a lifetime. Sterling silver tarnishes, especially when exposed to toxins such as salt air, sweat and products containing sulfur, and scents/ hair sprays. However, silver that is worn regularly, typically needs less care. Simply love your jewelry and wearing it daily allow it to shine.
We recommend storing your pieces in a closed air space, such as silk/cloth bags, zip locks or unscented tissue. Save all your silica packets found in shoe boxes or new purses and put these with your silver too. This will create a barrier and help prevent the toxins in the air from tarnishing your silver.
Care of silver is simple. Prevention is best. If your silver does tarnish we recommend cleaning it with;
- Soft cotton or silver polishing cloth
- Toothpaste & toothbrush (use old fashioned tooth paste) rinse well with hot water & dry
- Silver dips, please use caution never dip pearls or soft stones as it may effect the finish, thoroughly rinse well with hot water & dry.
Heirloom jewelry for a lifetime of enjoyment